On June 9, 2021, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) held a random draw under the Program for Refugees Abroad (Collective sponsorship) for the 2020-2021 period. 750 eligible applications submitted between April 6 and May 5, 2021, were randomly drawn from among the 1546 requests. Spokespersons of the groups of 2 to 5 individuals whose application was selected, were contacted via their Arrima account, on June 16, 2021. The draw was held under the supervision of the auditing firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton as well as in the presence of two witnesses to ensure the transparency of the process.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory