On February 24, 2022, the Government of Quebec introduced a new list of in-demand occupations for employers who plan to hire temporary foreign workers under the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process. This year, 228 occupations are eligible for processing to meet the labour needs of Quebec’s all regions. The new list is effective immediately and gives a 30-day transition period to employers to submit applications under last year’s list. This process allows more temporary foreign workers in the province to work in sectors that face labour shortages and helps employers to fill their job vacancies.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs