On June 17, 2021, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) published the results of the fifth invitation round in Quebec’s online system Arrima conducted in 2021. MIFI invited 69 candidates to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Candidates invited in this round either had a validated offer of employment in the province or are specific foreigners mentioned in Section 26 of the Quebec Immigration Regulation such as diplomats, the staff of the intergovernmental organizations, consular officers, and diplomats. In 2021, MIFI already issued 545 invitations. Last year, Quebec invited 628 persons through the Arrima. Since the launch of Arrima in July 2019, the government of Quebec invited 3,235 foreign nationals in 18 draws to apply for immigration to Quebec.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory