More than 51,000 temporary foreign workers who have already been selected by the provincial government are waiting for their permanent residency in Quebec. Lengthy processing delays made the province ask for help from the Federal Government. Minister Mendicino expressed his pleasure that ‘Quebec is now willing to participate in the temporary open work permit program which is already in place for economic immigrants in other provinces and territories.’ Within the next month or so applicants residing in Quebec will be able to get open work permits.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights