Immigration Minister of Quebec, Nadine Girault, said that the province will welcome Afghan refugees and help them settle in Quebec. The Minister also clarified that about 300 Afghan refugees will come to Quebec, after finishing their quarantine in Toronto. Currently, the Government of Quebec is working with several organizations to get everything ready before the refugees arrive in order to ensure smooth resettlement. Premier of Quebec Francois Legault said that Quebec is ready to take care of Afghan refugees, especially women facing persecution.
- Alberta held two PNP draws in one week
- Quebec invited 585 candidates in the 21st round of Arrima in 2021
- Quebec stopped accepting applications under the Special Program for Asylum Seekers
- Liberal Party’s election platform and improvements in the Canadian immigration system
- IRCC held a PNP-targeted Express Entry draw #203
- Temporary foreign workers who reside in Quebec can apply for a bridging open work permit