On July 12, 2021, the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) conducted the first invitation round in the Entrepreneur Program in 2021. This was the first business immigration draw since the beginning of the COVID-19. In this round, SINP invited 28 candidates. The highest Expression of Interest (EOI) score for this round was 155 points. The average score was 125 points. The lowest score was 120, and those applicants were invited to apply only if they scored CLB level of 4 or higher in English or French. The next invitation round has been scheduled for September 2, 2021.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122