On April 23, 2021, Saskatchewan has updated the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) processing times. The new data is based on average times from January 1 to March 31, 2021. In the International Skilled Worker category, the processing time in the Employment Offer stream is 4 weeks, the Express Entry Stream is processed in 37 weeks and the Occupation In-Demand Stream in 35 weeks. In the Saskatchewan Experience category, the processing time in the Existing Work Permit Stream is 2 weeks; the International Students Stream, Health Professionals Stream, Hospitality Workers Stream, and the Truck Drivers Streams are processed in only 1 week. In the Entrepreneur and Farm category, the processing time for the Entrepreneurs Nominations and Farmers Stream is 14 weeks. The Job Approval Process, the authorization for an employer to hire a foreign worker through the SINP, takes 8 weeks. The processing times show the average time for 80% of applications to be processed within the last quarter.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs