As Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau revealed his new cabinet on October 26, 2021, the country’s new Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) became apparent. Sean Fraser, a 37-year-old lawyer and former Member of Parliament from Nova Scotia is now Canada’s new immigration Minister. Fraser has never had a political role at the IRCC, however, was parliamentary secretary to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of finance and the Minister of middle-class prosperity as well as the associate Minister of finance.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province