Spotify – an online audio streaming service is planning to hire hundreds of more employees in Canada, expanding its workforce by 15,000 in 2021. Spotify’s head of advertising business Lee Brown said that the company is “increasing its business marketing workforce by over 70 percent in Europe, Australia, and Canada, … investing in the advertising business.” The increase in the number of tech job opportunities can contribute to the highly-skilled tech workers gaining permanent residency (PR) in Canada, including the Global Talent Stream (GTS) of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province