On May 11, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 12 candidates, 4 fewer than in the April 26 draw. The lowest score of this draw was 205 points, 35 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on April 6, 2021. Candidates who applied after September 2020 but never got an invitation, may be drawn in the next rounds. In 2020, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, 54 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program. This year, in total, 40 applicants have already been invited.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights