On May 11, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 12 candidates, 4 fewer than in the April 26 draw. The lowest score of this draw was 205 points, 35 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on April 6, 2021. Candidates who applied after September 2020 but never got an invitation, may be drawn in the next rounds. In 2020, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, 54 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program. This year, in total, 40 applicants have already been invited.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs