On May 11, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 12 candidates, 4 fewer than in the April 26 draw. The lowest score of this draw was 205 points, 35 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on April 6, 2021. Candidates who applied after September 2020 but never got an invitation, may be drawn in the next rounds. In 2020, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, 54 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program. This year, in total, 40 applicants have already been invited.
- New Brunswick moved to phase 2 of the Green level ahead of schedule
- Quebec held a draw under the Refugees Abroad Program
- Canada introduced new updates regarding the study or work permit applications processed outside of Canada
- Ontario issued 940 invitations in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker and International Student Streams
- New Brunswick entered the first phase of the Green level
- Canada made clarifications to special measures for residential camp counsellors