On April 12, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held the first round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 12 candidates and the lowest score of this draw was 280 points, 45 points fewer than in the September 22 draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on March 23, 2021. The immigration authorities of Sudbury announced that Cooks (NOC 6322) and Kitchen Helpers (NOC 6711) are now excluded from the list of eligible occupations. Sudbury also explained that candidates who applied after September 2020 but never got an invitation, may be drawn in the next rounds. Last year, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, the city recommended 54 individuals since the launch of the program.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights