On April 12, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held the first round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 12 candidates and the lowest score of this draw was 280 points, 45 points fewer than in the September 22 draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on March 23, 2021. The immigration authorities of Sudbury announced that Cooks (NOC 6322) and Kitchen Helpers (NOC 6711) are now excluded from the list of eligible occupations. Sudbury also explained that candidates who applied after September 2020 but never got an invitation, may be drawn in the next rounds. Last year, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, the city recommended 54 individuals since the launch of the program.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech