On April 26, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held this year’s second round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 16 candidates, 4 more than in the April 8 draw. The lowest score of this draw was 240 points, 40 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on April 19, 2021. Candidates who applied after September 2020 but never got an invitation, may be drawn in the next rounds. In 2020, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, 54 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program. This year, in total, 28 applicants have already been invited.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy