On August 12, 2022, the City of Greater Sudbury held a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 2 candidates, one of whom has been accepted under the Francophone Stream. The lowest score of this draw was 240 points, 5 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on July 25, 2022. This year, in total, 11 applicants have been invited. In total, at least 82 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs