On May 18, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury conducted a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury invited 12 candidates and the lowest score to receive the invitation was 150 points, 55 points fewer than in the May 11 draw. Sudbury also announced all applications considered in this draw were submitted before May 10, 2021. All invited candidates can now apply for a community recommendation. In total, the community invited 52 candidates in 2021.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs