On May 18, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury conducted a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury invited 12 candidates and the lowest score to receive the invitation was 150 points, 55 points fewer than in the May 11 draw. Sudbury also announced all applications considered in this draw were submitted before May 10, 2021. All invited candidates can now apply for a community recommendation. In total, the community invited 52 candidates in 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights