On November 23, 2021, the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) was replaced by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). The Government gave the College increased regulatory powers such as the ability to investigate professional misconduct, take disciplinary measures against fraudulent licensees, and obtain court injunctions against unauthorized immigration practitioners (UAP). These expanded powers will be directed to the protection of both the public and the consultants. The Government announced that the complete transition of the ICCRC into the CICC will probably take at least one year.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province