On April 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada issued a statement regarding the Safe Third Country Agreement (STCA). The Federal Court of Appeal granted the appeal of the Federal Court decision so the STCA at Canadian and U.S. land ports of entry remains in effect. The statement said that the STCA was in full effect for 16 years. In the last three years, Canada has welcomed the biggest amount of refugees in the world and continues to asylum to those fleeing conflict and persecution.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights