On April 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada issued a statement regarding the Safe Third Country Agreement (STCA). The Federal Court of Appeal granted the appeal of the Federal Court decision so the STCA at Canadian and U.S. land ports of entry remains in effect. The statement said that the STCA was in full effect for 16 years. In the last three years, Canada has welcomed the biggest amount of refugees in the world and continues to asylum to those fleeing conflict and persecution.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory