On April 15, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada issued a statement regarding the Safe Third Country Agreement (STCA). The Federal Court of Appeal granted the appeal of the Federal Court decision so the STCA at Canadian and U.S. land ports of entry remains in effect. The statement said that the STCA was in full effect for 16 years. In the last three years, Canada has welcomed the biggest amount of refugees in the world and continues to asylum to those fleeing conflict and persecution.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs