The Federal Government is working on a phased plan to welcome back international visitors and tourists as pandemic restrictions loosen. Canada restricted the movement of non-essential travellers for more than a year, even banning direct flights from countries like India and the UK when variants of COVID-19 raised concerns. According to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, anyone entering Canada would need to be fully vaccinated before arriving, as the country cannot risk another wave of COVID-19 that would be devastating to businesses.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122