On August 12, 2021, the Government of Canada announced an investment of $100 million over the next 3 years to support newcomers’ integration and improve settlement services. Funding will begin in the fall of 2021 and continue until March 31, 2024. Service delivery improvement (SDI) projects have centred on developing innovative approaches to support the settlement and integration of newcomers since 2017. An SDI expression of interest process is usually run every 3 years and projects are also funded for up to 3 years. During the last SDI funding process that ran from 2020 to 2021, 78 projects have been selected.
- Accompagnement Quebec is offered to sponsored refugees
- Thunder Bay held a new round of recommendations in the RNIP
- New Brunswick launched a new pilot program for international graduates of private career colleges
- The Conservative Party of Canada introduced Canada’s recovery plan
- Ontario invited candidates in the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate streams
- Canada invited 463 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #201