The Government of Quebec followed the Federal government and also committed to quickly process applications of the international students. Ottawa announced that international students who submit a complete study permit application by May 15, 2021, will get a decision by August 6, 2021, before the Fall term starts. Foreign students who are planning to study in Quebec in Fall 2021, can submit their study permit application even if they have not yet obtained their Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ). The proof of receipt of their online application for CAQ must be submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). In this case, the study permit application will be processed but put on hold pending a decision, until the CAQ has been issued. Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIFI) is committed to processing complete CAQ applications in 20 business days if all supporting documents were successfully uploaded to clients’ profiles on Arrima.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights