On December 14, 2021, the Government of Canada updated the wording of the French term ‘statut maintenu’ to the correct term ‘statut conservé’ for the International Mobility Program (IMP). Previously known as ‘statut maintenu’ (implied status) grants an extension for foreign nationals, allowing them to maintain their temporary resident status under the subsection R183(5). According to the new update, this status has now been changed to the term ‘statut conservé’ (maintained status). However, this extension does not automatically authorize foreign nationals to work while their application for a renewal of their work permit is in progress.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members