Regarding the nursing shortage across the country, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh, NDP MP Jenny Kwan, and some nurses trained overseas held a video press conference to call on the Immigration Minister to speed up the processing of immigration applications filed by foreign-trained nurses whose professional credentials have been accredited in Canada. Kwan said that the shortage and overworking of nurses can cause harm to patients, delay surgeries, and increase wait times, so the Liberal government must increase resources to address the issue and grant permanent residency to qualified nurses.
- Canada lifts the travel ban for South African countries
- New Permanent Atlantic Immigration Program will have a new requirement
- British Columbia will issue the final invitations in the week of December 20, 2021
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot became permanent
- Quebec increased fees for Ministry services
- Ottawa exempted Ethiopians from the 12-months bar for a pre-removal risk assessment