On November 25, 2021, Statistics Canada published a report analyzing the Canadian labour market and payroll employment. According to the report, there were 1,014,600 job vacancies in early September. The majority of these vacancies were in the accommodation and food services sector (196,100). Businesses in this sector faced problems with the recruitment of appropriately skilled employees. There also were 131,200 vacancies in the health care and social assistance sector and 121,700 vacancies in the retail trade sector. In addition, job vacancies reached record highs in the construction and manufacturing sectors with 85,400 and 82,600 vacant positions, respectively.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members