Due to the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases, the US Government advised the Americans not to travel to Canada. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP) raised Canada to level four – very high in its travel recommendations, along with other 80 countries with the same level. Currently, the Omicron variant spreads rapidly among the Canadian provinces, increasing the hospitalization numbers to a record high. All Canadian provinces encourage the population to get as many booster shots of the COVID-19 vaccine as possible to nullify the impact of the variant.
- Ottawa introduced new information regarding the transition of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- Canada updated instructions for the open work permits
- OINP invited 502 candidates under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Saskatchewan invited 104 candidates through the SINP
- The number of anglophone immigrants increases in Quebec
- Employers in Quebec can recruit more temporary foreign workers