The US Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas announced that the US – Canada land borders will re-open for non-essential travel in November 2021. Although the full details of the reopening plan have not been revealed, it is expected that the US government will allow all fully vaccinated travellers who have received any World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccine to enter the country. This means fully vaccinated Canadians will be able to travel by land to the US presenting proof of vaccination documentation, without submitting negative COVID-19 tests.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province