On June 15, 2022, Thunder Bay, ON, issued new community recommendations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). The city approved the applications of 15 candidates whose evaluations scored as low as 49%. In 2021, the community recommended a total of 96 candidates. This year, Thunder Bay Community Economic Development Commission (CEDC) has recommended 95 candidates. The Thunder Bay CEDC will prioritize applicants for the recommendation who are most likely to settle and contribute to the local economy. Candidates who received a community recommendation can submit their applications for permanent residence in Canada to Immigration Canada (IRCC).
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs