World Education Services introduced a policy brief about the underemployed healthcare professionals in Canada to help researchers and policymakers understand the extent of skill underutilization of internationally educated health professionals (IEHP). According to Statistics Canada, as of 2020, nearly half (47 percent) of all IEHPs in Canada were unemployed or underemployed. As countries around the world fight COVID-19, the policy brief recommends the Canadian Government make sure there are enough qualified healthcare providers in sufficient quantities to meet Canada’s demands.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs