On June 29, 2021, the Government of Yukon published the “What We Heard” report that illustrates Yukoners’ ideas and experiences with the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) to help inform immigration in the territory for the next 10 years. Through YNP, prospective immigrants with skills and experience can receive a Yukon Provincial Nomination Certificate, that will allow them to apply for Canadian permanent residence with the Government of Canada. Since the launch of the program in 2007, more than 2,000 nominees and their families have been nominated through the program. The new Immigration Strategy is expected to be announced later this year.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122