On June 29, 2021, the Government of Yukon published the “What We Heard” report that illustrates Yukoners’ ideas and experiences with the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) to help inform immigration in the territory for the next 10 years. Through YNP, prospective immigrants with skills and experience can receive a Yukon Provincial Nomination Certificate, that will allow them to apply for Canadian permanent residence with the Government of Canada. Since the launch of the program in 2007, more than 2,000 nominees and their families have been nominated through the program. The new Immigration Strategy is expected to be announced later this year.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory