The Government of Alberta has eased the requirements for the Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream. As of December 7, 2021, language requirements have been decreased to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 from a minimum of CLB 7 for English or French for Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream. In addition, candidates who graduated in the last 10 years are eligible to apply under this stream. Previously, individuals who graduated only in the last 2 years could apply for this program. For the International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream, the Government eliminated the requirement for 6 months of mandatory work experience. Moreover, international graduates are eligible to apply for permanent residency (PR) if they just have a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) at the time of submitting their Expression of Interest.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members