On January 18, 2022, Alberta published the update of the inventory of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). There were around 450 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 775 Expressions of Interest in the Alberta Express Entry pool. In addition, on January 5, 2022, Alberta held a new round in the Alberta Express Entry Stream and issued 250 Notifications of Interest (NOI). The lowest score in this round was 327 points, 24 points less than it was in the previous draw. Last year, AINP invited 6,608 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the Alberta Express Entry.
- British Columbia invited up to 268 high-skilled candidates under the BCPNP
- Saskatchewan invited 1,146 skilled candidates under the SINP
- OINP invited 1,179 candidates in the Tech Draw under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada held the largest Express Entry draw of 2022
- Quebec invited more than 1,000 candidates in the new Arrima draw
- Canada continues to protect temporary foreign workers