On February 2, 2022, British Columbia held a new draw for business candidates in the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). In the Base Category of the Entrepreneur Stream, BC PNP invited 8 candidates. The lowest score of this round was 122 points, 4 points more compared to the previous draw. The maximum possible points in the Entrepreneur Stream grid are 200. 120 points candidates can get for self-declared factors such as Experience & Ownership, Net Worth, Investment, etc. Another 80 points are given for the business concept. Last year, the province invited 70 entrepreneurs under the BCPNP.
- British Columbia invited up to 268 high-skilled candidates under the BCPNP
- Saskatchewan invited 1,146 skilled candidates under the SINP
- OINP invited 1,179 candidates in the Tech Draw under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada held the largest Express Entry draw of 2022
- Quebec invited more than 1,000 candidates in the new Arrima draw
- Canada continues to protect temporary foreign workers