On February 4, 2022, the Government of Canada approved the “Temporary Public Policy for Afghan Nationals in Canada”. Now, Afghan refugees with valid temporary resident status in Canada are exempted to pay the fees associated with their work or study permit applications, as well as the biometrics fees. A remission order is required for the application fees of those who applied between August 4, 2021, and December 23, 2021. In addition, the application fees of eligible Afghan nationals have also been waived between August 4, 2021, and December 31, 2022.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs