On November 1, 2021, British Columbia (BC) announced that the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot had been extended until March 31, 2024. The Pilot introduced in March 2019 supported economic growth in smaller regional centres of the province and was an innovative collaboration between regional communities and the provincial government. Over the past two years, the province attracted entrepreneurs from around the world that contributed to regional economic development needs. More than 50 communities across the BC have already signed up to participate in Phase 2 of the Pilot to attract new entrepreneurs to open businesses in these communities.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province