With the introduction of new pathways to permanent residency, Canada will grant permanent residency to 90,000 temporary foreign workers and international student graduates as part of the country’s annual immigration goal. Due to the extensive number of applicants, the pathway for international student graduates reached its caps. Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino stated that he is open to discussions about the revision of current caps, which means the government can increase caps to meet the 2021 levels target of 401,000 permanent resident admissions.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy