With the introduction of new pathways to permanent residency, Canada will grant permanent residency to 90,000 temporary foreign workers and international student graduates as part of the country’s annual immigration goal. Due to the extensive number of applicants, the pathway for international student graduates reached its caps. Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino stated that he is open to discussions about the revision of current caps, which means the government can increase caps to meet the 2021 levels target of 401,000 permanent resident admissions.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs