Over the last week, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) conducted new rounds of invitations in the pools of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From July 4 to July 9 Canada invited 505 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of July 9, there are 19,190 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 32 ITAs for Australia, 4 ITAs for Belgium, 14 ITAs for Chile, 2 ITAs for Costa Rica, 14 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 9 ITAs for Denmark, 168 ITAs for France, 44 ITAs for Germany, 5 ITAs for Hong Kong, 75 ITAs for Ireland, 6 ITAs for Italy, 11 ITAs for Japan, 25 ITAs for South Korea, 3 ITAs for the Netherlands, 3 ITAs for New Zealand, 4 ITAs for Portugal, 5 ITAs for Slovakia, 9 ITAs for Spain, 6 ITAs for Sweden, 1 ITA for Switzerland, 10 ITAs for Taiwan, and 54 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 13,024 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122