On October 13, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted a new Express Entry draw. Draw #207 targeted candidates under the Provincial Nominee Program. IRCC invited 681 provincial candidates, and the cut-off score in this round was 720 points, 22 points fewer compared to the previous PNP-specific draw that occurred on September 29. The tie-breaking rule for this round was March 16, 2021, at 07:53:28 UTC. As of October 12, 2021, there are 183,133 profiles registered in the pool, 2,878 more compared to the previous update. In total, Canada issued 110,377 ITAs to foreign nationals through Express Entry in 2021.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province