Compared to the current immigration situation in the United States, Canada’s attitude towards international students and temporary residents after the pandemic is extremely welcoming. The US is nine times the size of Canada, but its net immigrant inflows dropped from 4.5 million to about 3.8 million during the pandemic. The average wage increase for Canadians from 2021 to the present was only 2%. After taking into account the nearly 5% inflation, such low growth in salaries highlights the fact that the more you work, the poorer you are.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members