On July 20, 2021, the Government of Canada announced details of the 2021 Parents and Grandparents Program. The government will use the random selection process as used in previous years. Applicants will receive invitations to apply (ITAs) starting the week of September 20, 2021, and have to submit the application within 60 days. The Government is going to receive up to 40,000 complete applications in 2021—10,000 of these applications are from the 2020 intake process, while 30,000 are from 2021. For the tax year of 2020, applicants must provide the minimum necessary income requirement, that allows regular Employment Insurance benefits and temporary COVID-19 benefits to be included as the sponsor’s income.
- Sudbury considered 3 applications in the Rural and Northern Pilot
- Saskatchewan issued 280 ITAs in the SINP
- Ontario held a new draw for French-Speaking Skilled Workers
- Canada invited 462 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #197
- PEI PNP issued 127 invitations in the new draw
- BCPNP issued 383 invitations in the new round