Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) welcomed 35,600 permanent residents and processed 45,100 immigration applications in June. This was the highest number of applications processed in one month so far. IRCC’s Minister Mendicino announced that Canada ‘continue to honour the commitments to accept 401,000 new permanent residents this year, and things are moving in the right direction.’ This speed of processing will be sufficient to achieve the goal of bringing in 401,000 new permanent residents in 2021, which will be the highest annual number of new immigrants accepted in Canadian history.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory