According to a Toronto-based human rights organization HanVoice, Canadians will be able to sponsor people fleeing North Korea under a new program that will be launched in February 2022. The program will focus on bringing women and children fleeing North Korea and help refugees escaping the country’s authoritarian regime to start a new life in Canada. Currently, the US and South Korea are the only countries accepting refugees from North Korea. Canada will prioritize bringing more families of North Korean women and children who have survived sexual and gender-based violence, or those who are at risk.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province