According to a readout published by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s office, Canada can welcome fully vaccinated travellers from all countries by early September 2021. In addition, if the current positive path of vaccination rate and public health conditions continue, the Government will start allowing fully vaccinated US citizens and permanent residents into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel. Canada has been in ongoing discussions with the United States on reopening the shared land border plans, which have been closed since March 2020.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122