Canada’s immigration applications continue to be a significant problem, with more than 2.7 million people waiting for their applications to be processed. This is up by almost 300,000 individuals over the previous six weeks. Over the last year, the backlog has increased nearly two times and tripled since the pandemic began. As of July 15, 2022, there were 444,792 citizenship applications, 514,116 permanent residence applications, 51,616 Express Entry applications, and 1,720,123 temporary residence applications in the inventory.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs