In December 2021, the number of international arrivals to Canada has sharply increased when compared to the same month in 2020. According to the Statistics Canada report, in December 2021, Canadian airports received more than 10 times as many non-resident travellers arriving from abroad compared to December 2020. In addition, the number of Canadians returning from abroad was almost eight times greater than in December 2020. Despite the increase, both the number of international arrivals and the share of returned Canadians were lower than the pre-pandemic levels.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs