On December 10, 2021, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Sean Fraser issued a statement on International Human Rights Day, celebrating the importance of human rights and calling on all Canadians to strive for equality and against discrimination. He announced his pride for Canada’s long history of providing refuge to people whose rights are threatened, ‘from the Vietnamese boat people in the 1970’s to the more recent Operation Syrian Refugees.’ He also mentioned this year’s significance as in 2021, the Government launched a unique Human Rights Defenders immigration stream to protect and promote human rights.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members