As COVID-19 cases rise and fall in various parts of the world, travel restrictions and measures change. International students coming to Canada face numerous barriers, such as visa backlogs, lack of vaccination, quarantine measures, and fewer available flights. In addition, several universities require students living in residence to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Students who are unable to access a vaccine before move-in will have to receive one in 14 days. Students who are not fully vaccinated will have to follow federal government requirements.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122