On November 5, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published a new update, announcing the online availability of proof of citizenship and search of citizenship records. Applicants can now submit their applications to IRCC online, pay the related fees, and send any required supporting documents online using the secure portal. IRCC will still accept paper applications. Online requests are faster than providing documents by mail and will help applicants who live outside Canada will no longer need to go in person to an embassy or high commission to submit an application.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs