Over the last week, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) conducted new rounds of invitations in the pools of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. From June 28 to July 2 Canada invited 506 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of July 2, there are 18,137 candidates registered in the pool, waiting for the invitation. In this round, there were 21 ITAs for Australia, 6 ITAs for Belgium, 13 ITAs for Chile, 1 ITA for Costa Rica, 17 ITAs for the Czech Republic, 2 ITAs for Denmark, 172 ITAs for France, 46 ITAs for Germany, 4 ITAs for Greece, 10 ITAs for Hong Kong, 67 ITAs for Ireland, 4 ITAs for Italy, 10 ITAs for Japan, 21 ITAs for South Korea, 5 ITAs for the Netherlands, 6 ITAs for New Zealand, 1 ITA for Norway, 5 ITAs for Portugal, 5 ITAs for Slovakia, 18 ITAs for Spain, 3 ITAs for Sweden, 7 ITAs for Switzerland, 7 ITAs for Taiwan, and 57 ITAs for the United Kingdom. In total, Canada issued 12,519 ITAs under the IEC in 2021.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory