On April 12, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), published an update regarding automatic 90-day extensions for applications with missing documents. From now on, IRCC will grant only extra 30 days to submit the required documents. The new instructions are applied to applications for temporary residence, permanent residence and citizenship applications. At the same time, candidates with reasonable COVID-19-related grounds will still be facilitated as per officer discretion.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy