On December 13, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) released the Express Entry Year-End Report 2020, analyzing the new immigration trends in the country in 2020 and explaining how the pandemic affected Canada’s main immigration application system – Express Entry (EE). IRCC quickly adapted the EE system to new conditions presented by COVID-19. In 2020, the Government increased the period of an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence (PR) and targeted Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates. 2020 was also the most ITA-issued year despite the severe and prolonged impacts of the pandemic.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members