Ontario has been calling on the Federal Government to increase the level of economic immigration into the province. Ontario, even being the most immigrant accepting province, has a labour shortage of 290,000 people and wants ‘hard working’ immigrants to fill the job vacancies in various sectors. Premier of Ontario Doug Ford wrote letter after letter about the labour shortage to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, saying the province needs more people and asked the Government to speed up Ontario’s plan to recruit more new immigrants.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs