On November 10, 2021, the province of Ontario released a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). From January 1 to November 10, OINP has issued nominations to 8,600 foreign nationals, reaching the annual quota for 2021. Last year, the province invited 16,976 candidates and issued nominations to 8,050 main applicants, including 7,249 spouses and dependent children. In 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allocated 8,350 spots to Ontario, as well as extra 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations (NOC C).
- Ottawa updated the pilot for the letter of introduction holders
- Ontario nominated 8,600 candidates in the OINP in 2021
- Manitoba nominated 409 candidates in October 2021
- Ontario updated application processing times in the OINP
- IRCC held a PNP-targeted Express Entry draw #209
- Canada is among the top countries for investment